So its nine o' clock, I'm about to get a mood drop, and I'm sick, and I'm watching Cyber Bully, so I wanted to rant about something: doing something you know could trigger you.
In the movie, the girl goes on her page, where she KNOWS people are saying mean things, and that she'll get upset. This happens in real life, too. If you go on YouTube and look up "Cutting" or "Self Injury" or anything related, I guarantee that you'll see a few videos titled with something like "Cutting scars (TRIGGERING)".
For those of you that don't know, a "trigger" is something that could trigger sadness, suicidal thoughts, etc. When someone labels a video as triggering, they are saying "I am making it clear that this is dangerous for those vulnerable to depression. Watch at your own risk".
So some people go ahead and look at their triggers anyway, myself included. Sad songs, cutting videos, SI pictures, all this stuff triggers me. So why do I still look at it? I don't know. I guess it could be that I want to see if I can see them and be okay. Other people, I think, want to drag themselves down. Like when people take downer drugs, I guess. Is that what those do? The last time I studied drugs was when I went out with a jerk.. xD
But anywho, do you guys have triggers? And if so, what are they, and why do you keep looking at them?
Downers just slow you down,and calm you. Uppers speed your heartrate up and make you feel like you can do anything. and my own brain is a trigger.
ReplyDeleteI don't have triggers or anything, but I know stuff that makes me sad that I continually look at.
ReplyDeleteFor some reason, I have a teeny tiny addiction to googling sad things. Orphans, diseases; stuff like that. I think I think it's interesting, but I usually end up thinking 'o.o well. The world is a sad place.'
Lemme elaborate on the previous comment: say I Google 'epilepsy'.
ReplyDeleteI end up letting it bother me for the rest of the day that people have to have epilepsy, because why do they, and why don't *I* get sick instead of little kids or really old people?
So that's not really a trigger, but a morbid interest I have that usually ends in me feeling kinda gloomy.